Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gazpacho's Bar and Restaurant, Iligan City

Gazpacho's Bar and Restaurant is a restaurant renowned for authentic and gastronomic Filipino flavor cuisines, regardless of its Mexican name. It is located  at Quezon Ave., Extension, Pala-o, Iligan City. 

Its quite remarkable for this family owned business for surviving through times, for having been serving the public and of staying in business for twenty-three (23) long years since its first opening in 1989. In terms of credibility, this famous venue for wedding, wedding anniversaries, birthdays and even for a simple"barkada" get-together celebration has been given enough time to build its credibility. The time tested taste of Gazpacho's is already part of the City's long history.

I was even more surprise, when I learned that this family owned restaurant is owned by no other than the most prominent and popular clan of the Lluch in Iligan City. Why popular, well, the present City Mayor of Iligan is a Lluch---Mayor Lawrence Lluch Cruz and this famous restaurant is located just at the foot of Buhanginan Hills, a few meters away where the Iligan City Hall is located. So my advice, is that you stroll first at Iligan City Hall and visit the Anahaw Amphi Theatre before indulging yourself with a celebration of Gazpacho's gastronomic flavors.

The Menu

Gazpaho's Menu is varied, but most prominently are Filipino flavors such as Kare-kare, Chicken Noodles, Adobong Baboy Ramo, but based in my experienced I do love their Seafood Festival and the Native Chicken Soup.

In my last article, I described the Seafood Festival as---a taste of heaven, but I do recognize the fact that I do love seafoods so much so this review might be biased. Anyway, the only way to find out if what I said is really true, then you must come and visit the place and I guess your experience will prove me right. Wohh! I felt a  lot of confidence in that line though :)).

Seriously, to prove if what I said is true, you really have to experience it. So, my challenge for you is to try Gazpacho's Seafoods Festival. From the name its self---it declares a celebration. A celebration of all the sea foods you can possibly think of in the sea.

Another favorite from Gazpacho's menu is the Crispy Pata. I've heard many times of this thingy, but I was not able to taste it until I was with a group and we dined at Gazpacho's later in November 2011. I did not expect that it was really that crispy and the serving was really huge. The experience was simply indescribable. Well, after the loss and the awakening surprise of the century, who will not get revived and alive? Oh! here I am lost again with my own thoughts. Anyway, I am only talking about the surprise I had on November 2011. It was a very exhilarating surprise!

Other Favorites

Since, I was with a group that time, what really happened is that everyone has to order one dish and we got a platter of rice for us to share. If you are a friend of mine, you knew already what I ordered, but since we are not yet that close---here is what I had that night. Tadaaaang! Native Chicken Soup. Yes, I am a soup lover. In every meal I always choose something that has soup. I love fish and I love green veges. Well, I learned lessons the hard way. Before, I used to get contented what is being served in my table. Now, I always make sure that there are veges on my table before eating meat.

Yay! I was so surprised when the soup was served in front of me, because I really thought of being greedy that night---that is eating everything what I ordered. Shockingly the serving is good for eight person. See? Another lesson! Ask the waiter first how many people get serve per serving. Imagine, If I were alone at that time? I can't imagine how big and how full is my yummy tummy!

Finally, the most appetizing "Kilawin" that I had that night is Gazpacho's Kilawin Tangigue. Any food that is seasoned by vinegar is a no! no! for me supposedly. Its just that when I tasted the foods that we ordered I decided not to let the Kinilaw go away without tasting it. So I had a lot of bite from it simply because I liked the taste of it.

Anyway, wondering why I only featured four dishes? I guess by reading the article you will know the answer. So why, I only featured four dishes in this article? Write it in your comments.

Here is my over-all rating with Gazpacho's Bar and Restaurant.


You're in Iligan? Grab your phone now and dial +63-63-221-5215 and make a reservation.

Visit! Discover! Experience! The Majestic City of Waterfalls. Choose Iligan City...

1 comments:

OpenRice is the Yelp of Asia. It shows a city’s most popular restaurants, ratings, menus, booking numbers, and everything in between. It’s widespread
in Southeast Asia and a better resource than Yelp. It has listings for Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and the Philippines. The app
puts the power of the website at your fingertips.
App Name: OpenRice

Post a Comment